Depressing Quotes- Depression is a state of a down mood and aversion to activity that can increase a person’s feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, or hopelessness. It influences a person’s thoughts, behavior, feelings and state of well-being.
Many of us are all too familiar with the emotion of depression.
But unfortunately, too often people are unwilling to discuss it for fear of further rejection or self-deprecation.
As far as we have come with the advancements in mental health, stigmas still exists when it comes to issues like depression.
People grow to feel like they are alone, and this intense feeling of isolation makes them feel as if no one will ever truly understand them.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU>>>>>“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!” MESSAGES, WISHES, AND QUOTES TO CELEBRATE YOUR MOM SPECIALLY
Very Sad Quotes Based On Life
“I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
“This is what it felt like to have a broken heart. It felt less like a cracking down the middle and more like she had swallowed it whole and it sat bruised and bleeding in the pit of her stomach.”
― Wendy Wunder, The Probability of Miracles
“She had tricked him. She had made him leave his old self behind and come into her world, and then before he was really at home in it but too late to go back, she had left him stranded there–like an astronaut wandering about on the moon. Alone.”
― Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia
“The sun kept on with its slipping away, and I thought how many small good things in the world might be resting on the shoulders of something terrible.”
― Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I’m Home
“As the light begins to intensify, so does my misery, and I wonder how it is possible to hurt so much when nothing is wrong.”
― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
“But grief makes a monster out of us sometimes . . . and sometimes you say and do things to the people you love that you can’t forgive yourself for.”
― Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road
“Leaning against my father, the sadness finally broke open inside me, hollowing out my heart and leaving me bleeding. My feet felt rooted in the dirt. There were more than two bodies buried here. Pieces of me that I didn’t even know were under the ground. Pieces of dad, too.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson, The Impossible Knife of Memory
“Have you ever wondered what a human life is worth? That morning, my brother’s was worth a pocket watch.”
― Ruta Sepetys, Between Shades of Gray
“My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn’t go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That’s just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don’t get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”
― Jandy Nelson, The Sky is Everywhere
“Sometimes pain is so unmanageable that the idea of spending another day with it seems impossible. Other times pain acts as a compass to help you through the messier tunnels of growing up. But pain can only help you find happiness if you remember it.”
― Adam Silvera, More Happy Than Not
“A lot of you cared, just not enough.”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
“Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.”
― David Levithan, Love Is the Higher Law
“Long time I been on my own, but now really I’m alone. I survive the killing, the starving, all the hate of the Khmer Rouge, but I think maybe now I will die of this, of broken heart.”
― Patricia McCormick, Never Fall Down
“I don’t know if it’s possible to take hate away from people. Not even people like us, who’ve seen firsthand what hate can do. We’re all hurting. We’re all going to be hurting for a long time. And we, probably more than anyone else out there, will be searching for a new reality every day. A better one.”
― Jennifer Brown, Hate List
“It’s raining in my heart
like it’s raining in the city.
What is this sadness
that pierces my heart?”
― Sonya Sones, Stop Pretending
“Grief is not as heavy as guilt, but it takes more away from you.”
― Veronica Roth, Insurgent
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU>>>>>Can’t Wait to See You Messages, Quotes For Your Love Far Away
30 Touching Depressing Quotes
1. Sometimes you gotta pretend everything’s okay.
2. It’s always worse than it seems.
3. I get lost inside my mind.
4. At some point you have to realize, he can stay in your heart but not in your life.
5. People cry not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.
6. No amount of sleep in the world could cure the tiredness I feel.
7. Dear Past, stop tapping me on the shoulders, I don’t want to look back.
8. You’re scared to tell people how much it hurts, so you keep it all to yourself.
9. The only thing standing between me and total happiness is a reality.
10. Some of the most painful scars: the ones that hurt the most are the scars that can’t be seen.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU>>>>>The Best Good Morning Love of My Life Messages And Quotes
11. Instead of wiping your tears, wipe away the people who create them.
12. Every time people ask me if I’m okay, it’s just a reminder that I’m not.
13. No amount of sleep in the world could cure the tiredness I feel.
14. Depression is like a war. You either win or you die trying.
15. Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.
16. I like to pretend that everything’s alright. Because when everybody else thinks you’re fine, sometimes you forget for a while that you’re not.
17. It sucks, doesn’t it? Feeling like you’re not good enough.
18. I hate those moments when you couldn’t talk because you’re about to cry.
19. Lost myself trying to please everyone, now I’m losing everyone else trying to find myself.
20. I keep a lot of shit to myself because, in reality, nobody really gives a f..ck.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU>>>>>
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 72
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 71
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 70
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 69
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 68
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 67
- The Schoolgirl Secret Agent – Volume 1 Chapter 66
21. You have no idea how worthless you made me feel.
22. Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you’re okay.
23. Maybe I’m just not meant to live a happy life. Maybe pain is all I’ll ever know.
24. The worst feeling in the world is knowing you did the best you could and it still wasn’t good enough.
25. I’ve been having a lot of bad days lately.
26. Please forgive me if I don’t talk much at times. It’s loud enough in my head.
27. My demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced. Calm as they may be, they wait patiently for a reason to wake, take an overdue breath, and crawl back to my ear.
28. The people experiencing the most pain tend to be the ones who are always trying to make others smile.
29. How do you run away from things that are in your head?
30. Sometimes when I say, “I’m okay”, I need someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say, “ I know you are not.”